Hello beauties! I'm so excited to share some crisp autumn wedding inspiration with you today! This stylized wedding shoot was done in the canyons of Utah, at Sundance Resort. Fun face...the Sundance Film Festival was named for one of the festivals founders and biggest supporters, Robert Redford, and his role as The Sundance Kid in 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.' Every January, the Sundance Film Festival is held here in Utah, but it is NOT, as many assume, held at Redford's resort, Sundance. Actually, the main hub of the Festival is nearly 4 canyons away, in Park City, Utah! So there you go! But I digress...
Sundance is known for having some of the most spectacular fall colors in the state, so it's no surprise that photographer Whitney Finuf and her friend and model Natalie chose it for the setting of this autumn wedding inspiration shoot. With a beautiful 3/4 length sleeved lace wedding dress designed by Utah County's own Elizabeth Cooper Designs, the shoot definitely had an elegant, moody fall feel. We always know winter is coming when the cap-sleeves of summer slowly get longer and longer!
The floral are absolutely breathtaking, and blend with the scenery perfectly. White Lily Lane, another local Utah wedding vendor, was the florist for this shoot and her work is nothing short of brilliant. Cascading bouquets are all the rage this season and she nails it Every. Single. Time.
Natalie is totally stunning with her dark features played up by hair and makeup artist Kelsey Stirland of Kelsey Mae Artistry. If you read our last post, you will know how important it is to hire a professional hair and makeup artist for your wedding day, and this is a great example. Kelsey was able to match tones, colors, and mood of the entire shoot because she saw the bigger picture. That's what these artists do, and they really showed it off in this session!
Thank you for sharing this gorgeous autumn wedding inspiration shoot with us here at LDS Bride Blog!
Today we are thrilled to have a guest blogger! Lisa Frehner is an amazing professional hair and makeup artist here in Utah, and she has graced us with this awesome post of 10 reasons to hire a professional wedding hair and makeup artist...this is something I am personally VERY passionate about, coming from the wedding photography world, so I am extra excited for her insights and advice to brides!
The day has come…. You are finally engaged! Whether you have waited years or months, the excitement is the same. You can now officially start planning the big day where you will marry your best friend. There are so many things to be planned and so many little details to worry about. Who will be the photographer to capture your special day and all those special moments? What colors will you choose? Will you have Bridesmaids? Where will your venue be? How many people will be invited? The questions seem never ending when you are planning a wedding, but I’m writing this to answer one specific question: Should I hire a professional hair and makeup artist? The quick answer is “Absolutely!” Here are some reasons why:
- A professional makeup artist can examine your skin and give recommendations for improving your skin before your wedding day. A professional hairstylist can examine your hair and give recommendations on how to have healthier, shinier hair. Who doesn’t want that?
- A professional makeup artist knows how to highlight your best features and properly cover imperfections. A professional hairstylist can give recommendations for how your updo/style would best compliment your features.
- A professional makeup artist knows how to make you look your best in person and in front of the camera. You will look flawless all day long. A professional hairstylist knows how to make your hair look the best 360 degrees- all the way around. They understand symmetry and the importance of creating fullness all throughout the hair, and not just in the front.
- Most professional hair and makeup artists will meet you at your desired location, just to make your day less stressful. How thoughtful!
- Professional hair and makeup artists can create a beautiful, cohesive look throughout the Bridal Party and still make you, as the Bride, stand out in the most beautiful way.
- A professional Makeup Artist will have just about every skin color foundation in their kit, and if they don’t, they will have the necessary colors to create your custom color. A professional Hairstylist has more tools in their kits than you can imagine and they know how to effectively work each one to make you look and feel your best.
- A professional makeup artist will know lots of different brands of makeup and skincare and will know which one best suits your skin type. A professional hairstylist knows lots of different products that can help control frizz, hold a curl all day long and different techniques that will be beneficial for your wedding day.
- When you hire professional hair and makeup artists, your photographer will have a lot less editing and retouching to do. You will be camera ready!
- Most professional hair and makeup artists will do a practice session with you. This helps them figure out exactly how you want to look on your wedding day and it helps the bride feel confident in the professional that she has chosen to hire. When you have done a practice session, even more stress is lifted off your shoulders on your wedding day.
- This is your wedding day. Why not spend a little extra to look your absolute best?
Hiring a professional hair and makeup artist is worth every penny. You won’t regret your decision to hire someone to help you with your hair and makeup on your wedding day!
Welcome to the new look of the LDS Bride Blog! We hope you like it...it has been a long time coming and we feel it really reflects the beauty and style we cherish her at LDS BB. We couldn't be more excited for our inaugural post here today. This featured fall wedding has it all: Gorgeous bride and groom, adorable love story, Salt Lake Temple ceremony (because who doesn't love the SL Temple?), and an amazing reception at the never-a-disappointment Wadley Farms. Carli and Glenn redefine the hashtag #couplesgoals, as their adorable personalities totally shine through in their wedding photos by Lyndsey Kaye Photography. We think you will agree...this is one for the books.
Their photographer Lyndsey said, "Carli told me that she dreamed about getting married in the Salt Lake Temple since she was a little girl. She is from Canada and never thought it would happen. Then Glenn happened to come to Canada on his mission! They fell in love after he served. Right before Glenn saw Carli, he was making himself breathe, it was the cutest! When they turned around on the pedestal for the first look, Carli kept looking away trying not to cry. Glenn couldn't help himself. The photo of her wiping away his tears was my favorite. Their day was so gorgeous!"
Another fun story that Carli posted on her instagram:
"Glenn and I decided to look through his mission planners to see if we could find the day we first met. After awhile of looking, we found on April 3, 2014 at 8:00, he had an appointment with "Taylor and some girl." A little more than 2 years later, I could not be happier to have become more than just 'some girl!'"
So are we, Carli, so are we.
Todays featured wedding at the Salt Lake Temple with a gorgeous reception at Rose River Receptions in Blackfoot, Idaho is simply gorgeous.
The couple's photographer, Alyona Oborn says,
"Savana and Logan just radiate happiness and love, Everyone who was there could feel the love these two have for each other. Savana's beautiful dress from LatterDayBride looked so beautiful with the sunset! It was so flowy and was a perfect fit for her. Being there and witnessing their love was a perfect way to end my summer weddings!"
We couldn't agree more.
Savana's dress is the 'Fairchild' by LatterDayBride
, with a customized sleeve length. The original dress has long sleeves and Savana made it her own by requesting elbow-length. The result is simply stunning. This modest wedding dress features a stunning scalloped neckline, a lovely satin waistband and delicate pearl buttons cascading down the tulle train. It fit Savana like a glove and she is simply radiant wearing it!
The Salt Lake Temple never disappoints, no matter the season. However, there is something special about summer weddings there. The green grass. The full trees swaying in the breeze. The flowers at their prime. And that warm summer sunlight and magical sunset you can only get this time of the year. Savana and Logan picked the perfect summer day to tie the knot. Just look at that blue sky!
The couple's reception was held at Rose River Receptions in Blackfoot, Idaho the next evening. We kind of love this trend of breaking the wedding into two days...I remember how exhausted I was after my wedding day and I just look so dead tired in all of my reception photos. Savana and Logan look refreshed and ready to party! And party they did. Can we talk about those gorgeous bridesmaid dresses too? And how adorable are their flower girls?!
Thank for for sharing this beautiful wedding with us!
Photography: Alyona Oborn Photography
Reception Center: Rose River Receptions
Cake: Paisley Cakes
Floral: Pinehurst Floral & Greenhouse
Dress: LatterDayBride & Prom